Tankless Water Heaters
Your home or business may benefit immensely from a tankless water heater!! A traditional water heater will heat periodically throughout the day even if no hot water is being used. Heating a tank when no one is present can represent 10% to 20% of a household’s annual water heating costs.
Tankless units are wall hung and very compact. These units do not maintain a tank of water at temperature. This eliminates the standby losses and saves money and energy. They are available in gas or electric models such as Navien, Rinnai and Noritz.
A standard water heater will supply hot water for the first couple of back to back showers, however it will eventually run out and takes time to replenish. A tankless hot water heater will continuously provide hot water until the hot water tap is closed.
How a Tankless Water Heater works:
- When you open a hot water tap, cold water enters the heater and triggers the heating elements or burners. Your hot water tap acts as an ignition key for the energy used to heat the hot water you need.
- The water is heated as it flows through the heating elements or heat exchanger. As the water flow varies, the unit adjusts the heating elements or burner flame to maintain a constant temperature and maximum energy efficiency.
- When the hot water tap is turned off, the heating system also turns off.
Advantages of Tankless Heaters:
- Convenience:They keep producing hot water for as long as the hot water tap is open.
- Energy Cost:They cost a lot less to run than a traditional tank. A typical tankless unit will run at 85-95% overall efficiency, compared to a typical tank that will perform in the range of 55-60% (including losses). All tankless water heaters are ENERGY STAR certified, which will guarantee savings on your monthly utility bill.
- Longevity:A tankless unit can out-last storage water heaters
- Direct venting:All tankless water heaters have direct venting. This means that combustion air is taken directly from outside (through a pipe), and does not draw additional cold air through cracks into your home.
- Space saver:Tankless water heaters are very compact.
- Additional Safe guards:More protection as compared to standard water heater tanks
- Bacteria: Tankless water heaters store only cold water, reducing the risk of bacteria growth.
Call Five Lions Heating & Cooling for all your Tankless Hot Water needs!!!